Saturday, December 22, 2007

Zakoya (Davao Food Trip, Christmas 2007)

One of the things I like about my hometown is how the young people are more adventurous when it comes to food. If in Manila eating out means going to McDonalds, Tokyo Tokyo, or some other commercialized fast food place, in Davao, going out usually means the finer forms of dining.

When I arrived Davao on January 19, my cousin, Kuya Bloggie, invited me to Zakoya, a nice Japanese restaurant on F. Torres Street. Good food. I've been to Japan so, I know Japanese food. Though there are some dishes there that are not really Japanese (like their Kimchi dish), their Japanese food is really as authentic as it gets (considering the ingredients that we can get here). Very cozy ambience, too. There were also some interesting things on the menu like grilled garlic. We were also debating on what the sugar-free ice cream tasted like. The chocolate didn't quite taste like chocolate, my companions said. The mango ice cream, though it had mango bits, kind of tasted like cheese ice cream. And the strawberry ice cream tasted like watermelon.

All in all, I enjoyed the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment