Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tickets and Travel

I seem to be traveling a whole lot this year. I was in Davao when I started the year. But then I didn't really count that as traveling since Davao is my hometown. Then again, I've just arrived from a trip to Baguio, and tomorrow, I'm off to Puerto Galera! Baguio was business. I was introducing Talecraft to the University of Baguio. Puerto is pleasure, a weekend trip with the whole family.

Then next Thursday, April 10, I'm going to Vietnam with my two sisters. Jade has classes. Pat has other plans. Mom wanted to go, actually. Well, not with us but all of her sisters are going to Hanoi on the 17th, and she wanted to go, too. But dear Daddy, ever so practical and forever wanting Mom by his side, said she had already been there last year and there was no need for her to go there again this year.

I also have a free round-trip ticket to anywhere in the Philippines from Cebu Pacific. Speaking of which, I have to book before the end of the month, and I still don't know where I want to go. Hmm... Maybe Cebu. I do need to check how my decks are doing there.

Anyway, so that's my past and planned travels so far, and I'll most likely be in Davao again this December for a family reunion.


Speaking of trips and tickets, my Dad, my brother and I just arrived last night from our overnight Baguio trip, when my Mom met us complaining her back hurt. For the details on why her back hurt, check out my sister, Maita's Blog.
"Dad, my back hurts," Mom says.
"Ah, come here," Dad replies. "I know how to make the pain go away."
And he hands Mom a sheet of paper.
Mom takes it and reads it, still pouting a little. Then my Mom's face lights up. "It's an e-ticket to Hanoi!"
Turns out, Dad had already bought a ticket last month for Mom so she could join her sisters in Hanoi. All the talk about her not needing to go there again was just a front so that when he gave her the ticket, it would be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment