Friday, April 6, 2012

Reflection

It's Good Friday. Many people I know are taking this time to go on vacation. Others, me included, are using it to rest. But I believe we should also take this time to reflect and recalibrate.

Since, for most of us today, Holy Week is something that involves a rest from work, it may be good for us to stop and think about why we do what we do. My brother let me listen to a talk, and I'd like to share with you some of the questions from that talk that I, myself, have to reflect on and answer.
  1. Who do you trust?
  2. Are you trustworthy?
  3. What are the standards that you employ? What are the things that channel and guide you so that things are properly directed?
  4. What are the passions that get you out of bed every morning? What is the reason why you do what you do? Is it simply to make money?
  5. Is there a word or experience that can bring transformation to what you do? That you may be the person you should be, and not just probably the person you find that you are?
I shall take some time this long weekend to ponder this. I hope you would, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment