Wednesday, February 20, 2013

God is Light

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:7-12 NIV)

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5 NIV)

Dear God,

My Light. Shine in my heart. Chase away any darkness in it. Lord, I lift to You my prospective relationships. I want to do it right this time. Protect me. If You do not will him for me, then Your will be done. Lead me to Your choice. Be my Light. Reveal to me truths. Give me wisdom.

I also pray for my meetings today. Put a seal on my tongue. Put a guard before my mouth. Not just for my meetings, but especially with my dealings with friends. Give me wisdom and give me kindness.

This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment