Sunday, April 21, 2013

Turn to Me

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish." (Psalm 25:16, 17 NIV)

"Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you." (Psalm 25:20, 21 NIV)

Lord, my God, turn to me. I am lonely and afflicted. Guard my life, Lord. I do not know what to do. I thought I had finally found someone I could consider. But new facts have given doubt. I'd like to pursue, but what is right, Lord? Will it displease You if I pursued this? Will I sin against You if I loved him? I do not wish to be too religious about this, either. What he really needs right now is love. Not the romantic kind. But the true one, which holds no record of wrong, which is patient and forgiving, and most importantly, which is Yours. But then I am being arrogant to think that I would be the one to bring that to him.

I do not wish to displease You, Lord. I do not wish to go against Your Word. But what is right in this situation? Is he condemned to solitude forever? Would my children and my children's children be cursed if I loved him? I am hurt and confused by the developments. But You, my God, are my Lord. Lead me. Instruct me in the way I should proceed. And guard me.

No comments:

Post a Comment