Saturday, January 28, 2012

Inquire of the Lord

"Some men came and told Jehoshaphat, “A vast army is coming against you from Edom, from the other side of the Sea. It is already in Hazazon Tamar” (that is, En Gedi). Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the LORD, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the LORD; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him"
-2 Chronicles 20:2-4


This is so strange. Our lesson the other day was on 2 Chronicles 20. Then my devotional yesterday was the same chapter. Then this morning, it was a different set of verses but the same chapter again! I guess what struck me this time is this: inquire of the Lord.

If something's up, inquire of the Lord. If you're entering something new, inquire of the Lord. For anything, inquire of the Lord. There are battles we have to fight ourselves. There are battles that the Lord will fight for us. To know what kind of battle this is we are facing, inquire of the Lord. That's probably why I keep getting lost.

Am I going in the right direction? Am I not seeing something in the whole equation? What must I hope for? I inquire of You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment