Thursday, January 26, 2012

Battles to not Fight

"Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."
- 2 Chronicles 20:12


They didn't have to fight this battle, Lord. I've always thought I needed to fight all the battles that come my way. But they didn't need to do anything but turn their eyes to You.

I've just started my MBA class at the Asian Theological Seminary. Funny how what I thought would be an intellectual class on Biblical Leadership is turning out to be something that is pointing out and examining the causes and effects of how I deal with what life throws at me.

Today, our speaker presented that he believed we have three types of storms in our life: storms we need to rebuke, storms we need to weather, and storms we don't need to go through.

You know my battles, Lord. And actually, something's biting. Just a little bit. But I am afraid. I think I need to kill this. Or, if possible, if You want this dead, can You do it, Lord? This storm took more than half a year to weather. And now suddenly, a tiny green spark. Initially, I thought I could fight it this time. You had me brave it before. Maybe I'm strong enough now. But I dare not underestimate these things. I may become powerless when I'm suddenly face-to-face with it again.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. The tiny green spark could be a stray. Nothing is catching fire anyway. Nothing caught fire before the silence. There were more sparks then. I don't think anything will catch fire now. Besides, you've shown me recently something I can aspire for. Maybe it's time to put the man of steel to rest... Unless his bones are suddenly suffused with adamantium, and the broken gains resolve. But the likelihood of that happening... Well, I guess I need to throw all of this out the window. Anything is possible with You so I can never really tell. Here, Lord, I give You the spark. Do with it as You wish. Also, here's my heart, Lord. Take me where You wish me to go. My eyes are on You.

My, it's cold tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment