Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ah, February

February, you are a noisy month. I thank the Lord that the countship was flooded with blessings when you arrived, but you bring with you also voices that will not cease their whispering in my head. I know, you, February, give volume to their voices. You, February, have a glamour upon your days, especially sometime a bit to the left of your center, in a point where it would be the heart for us humans. I know the spell you cast and yet, look at me. I wish to defy you with one hand, and with the other, I wish to enter into your masquerade, even with my eyes open. You were just another month before, you know. Why did you have to cast your magic upon me? Yes, I know, I longed to be enchanted. But did I really need to feel that? Did my King set you up to this?

Ignore my whining, sweet February. I am just another one of the broken. Ignore me for my darkness. Or, if you're kind, surprise me. But to the million hearts who hope, don't disappoint them. Enchant them and be their siren.

No comments:

Post a Comment