Thursday, February 16, 2012

So busy and yet so bored!

I just want to do something new, see something new, experience something new, learn something new. But I feel stuck! I can't because I'm too busy and I shouldn't be doing anything new because there's so many things that have to be done! And I can't really afford to go study anything new at the moment. I want to learn something new, but every time I bring it up, people remind me that I haven't learned what I had to (but don't really look forward to) learn yet, and why don't I do those first before starting anything new. I want to experience something new, but I have responsibilities. And by the time the day is done, I'm too tired to be out on a Friday night! But I want to be out on a Friday night. I want to meet new people! And hear new ideas and new stories! I want to enjoy new characters in my life! Interesting people whose presence would take my tiredness away. But I don't exactly know how to go about finding those kinds of people! I'm bored and I feel stuck. I'm so busy yet I feel so stagnant. Lord, help me!

I wish I could take a month off and go to some far off land where it's quiet with trees and rolling hills all around the old stone castle I would stay in. And my room will be spacious and opulent with red velvet draping my canopied bed. No net in the area. Maybe just some guests staying in the castle. Good home-cooked food over good conversation. And in the morning, I could go out into my room's balcony, and mist and morning fog would cover the greens around me. And I would take the time to write my novel. Unhurried. In the castle where time slowed down.

If not that, then I wish I could go to Japan for a few weeks and stay at a Japanese onsen. I could soak in the hot springs until all the fatigue went away. Then I'd have a massage. Then eat very fresh Japanese food. Then I would walk down the area's garden paths, admiring their beauty, and contemplating. Slowing down a while.

Or, Lord, what if you sent me to another country for a month to maybe talk or teach game design? And I'll be able to meet absolutely new people. And know about them and their culture. And see new sights. And taste new food. And hear new stories.

Hmm. I think I need to read a romance or fantasy novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment