Monday, June 4, 2012

Wishes: Word Gifts

It has been said that death and life are in the power of the tongue. And I believe that. I have believed that ever since I was young. To me, that was why people chanted incantations to cast a spell. Words have power. They have a kind of magic in them. They have the ability to build a person or destroy them, not just by consequence of who you tell them to. But by the very fact that it was uttered.

My birthday has just passed. And I spent it doing nothing but bum at home. Well, my family had the obligatory dinner out, but that's about it. I didn't really do anything big for my birthday this year. And when my friend found out about it, he thought it a crime! I know it's good to celebrate the year. And I am very grateful for the year I had, and for a new year of my life. But gifts are not really that much of a big deal to me. Neither are parties.

So what would I want to receive? How about word gifts? Wish something for me. It's only cheap if you don't mean it. If you truly mean it, and would actually take the time out to pray to God, and really wish in your heart for me to receive it this year, then I think it's a wonderful gift. Wish me love. Wish me happiness. Wish my company growth and protection. Wish me stronger friendships. Wish me the feeling of awe. Wish me adventure. Wish me excitement. Wish me the gift of beauty and song. Something. Wish it because you really want me to receive it, and not because it sounds good to wish it. Wish me well. Wish me good. A good wish is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment