Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Christ-like Qualities

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:6-8 NIV)

Dear Lord,

Studying Jesus, I see the attitude You want me to have: He holds no grudges. He forgives offenses, no matter how great. And He's also shown me how it is necessary to just get away from it all every now and then to rest and to connect with You. Lord, I didn't use to hold grudges. Oh, Lord, what had happened? Now, his very presence darkens my day. And we used to be very good friends. Lord, have I failed in how I was supposed to handle this? Forgive me. Protect him as he leaves. Give him a job you'd like him to have. And may the blow not be too hard on my people. Maybe it's just time we parted.

Lord, bless the week. This is going to be a very busy week. I pray that our clients pay this week. Lord, take off the grudges, the bitterness and the worrying from my heart. Teach it to trust You. Lord, I want to be a caring, thoughtful, pleasant person. I want to be kind. I want to smile. Circumstances may change and my happiness may be there or not, but I'd like to have an immovable peace and an undying joy in my heart. Lord, You've taken away the exclusivity in my family. You've taken away the man I loved. And now, you've taken away my dreams. And my dreams were basically what I lived for when I was growing up. But I know You're teaching me that even without all these, I'm fine because You're there. Lord, I couldn't help but feel afraid and lost. Lord, reveal Yourself to me. Call me to You. Make me smile.

Lord, today is the last day of my fast. I'm not even sure I'm doing this properly. But I just really want to get closer to You, to hear from You. Lord, once again, I pledge my allegiance to You. My heart, I place again at Your feet. My life, I place in Your hands. Lead me, Lord. Show me where to go. Teach me what to do. I hold on to Your promise that You will show me what is best and direct me where I should go. Lord, I pray for breakthroughs. I pray for something awesome, because You are an awesome God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment