Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Direct Me

This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. (Isaiah 48:17 NIV)

“Then he said: ‘The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth. You will be his witness to all people of what you have seen and heard. And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ (Acts 22:14-16 NIV)


Dear Lord,

I need to hear You. I will hold on to Your promise. You said You teach me what is best for me, and direct me in the way I should go. Present tense, Lord. You do that in the present and not in the future. Lord, I ask what I was supposed to do when I broke up, You said, "Praise The Lord." My company is not making money and I don't know what to do. I ask You what I should do and You tell me, "Rejoice in every circumstance." Lord, my heart is stubborn. My mindset is wrong. I want to praise You and rejoice in every circumstance. But my heart will not cooperate. Lord, Lord, please be with me and help me to follow what You want me to do. This is the day You have made, Lord. I want to rejoice and be glad in it. I don't want to worry. I really need You, Lord. I want to smile and be happy and stop complaining. Please fill me with Your joy and Your peace. And I will hold on to Your promise, Lord, that You will teach me what is best. You will direct me where I should go.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment