Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Write On My Heart

In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. (Hebrews 9:16-18 NIV)

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” (Hebrews 10:16 NIV)

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)


Dear Lord,

Thank You for shedding Your innocent blood to save and redeem us once and for all. Lord, I hold on to Your covenant. You will put Your laws in my heart, and write them on my mind. You will perfect that which concerns me. I have faith. I hold on to that. Lord, when I found out my friend was off to see him, I felt a bit jealous. I miss him a bit, and I'd really like to see him. But Lord, I close my eyes and turn to You. Ah, I do like him, dear God. He is a good man. He works hard. Strong. He knows what he wants and is not easily deterred. A geek. We could talk for hours. He has the makings of a protector and a good provider. He works in the field he wants and is very good at what he does. I admire him so.

But You, dear God, You sent Your Son. And Jesus not just protected me but died so I could turn to You like this despite my sins. I am not my own. My heart belongs to You. Therefore, Lord, if he's not the one you've chosen for me, I will close my eyes. Oh, I really do like him, Lord. And I wish I wish I wish that You would redeem him and break his family's curse and will him for me. But You are my God. Your Will be done. I will not do anything. I will wait for You. I really do wish he'd reach out to me. Send me a message or something. But You, Lord, are my God. To You do I revert. You, I will follow. I will close my eyes.

Transform my mind, Lord. Write on my heart.

This I pray. I await more words from You, O God. Speak to me, Lord. Instruct me. Lead me. Show me who You are.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment