Thursday, March 6, 2014

If I Could Tell Him

Ah, Lord,

I know You've given us experiences to understand, and mouths to impart, and opportunities together to share, but I don't know how to share this, Lord. I don't even know if I'm fixed enough to be credible. Plus add the fact that I'm infatuated with the guy, I'm not even sure if I'm thinking straight. I think I am. But one can never know in this state.

But my heart bleeds. My heart bleeds because I see the dream he used to have. He gave me a glimpse of it. He wanted a family of his own. But now he's disillusioned. He started well. The original plan was good. The original priority set is correct. But now, he's throwing that out. And I see that he's doing this because he's hurt. Because a part of him was shamed for daring to wish for that. And so now, he's throwing away that wish. He's discounting the dream as impractical and childish.

Can he not be saved, Lord? You are the God of All! You can save him! I don't know what to do. I don't know how to tell him. And it's not like we have a lot of time together. It's not often that I find myself alone with him. And I would sound so presumptuous to tell him what to do. But if You give me the opportunity, and the wisdom to know what to say, I will go, Lord.

I lift this up to You, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment