Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Dull Ache

Ah, Lord,

I come before You. My heart is hurt. Not a searing loud pain, but a quiet dull ache. But it hurts, nonetheless. And I'm angry. And sad. And hurt and embarrassed. And I want to move, but I have little energy. I want to get even but for what? He doesn't even know he hurt me. And he hurt me, and I am the one who's angry. It's unfair, and I need to fight it so that it won't be unfair. So that I am strong. Last year, You said 'Be Strong.' And this year, You said, 'Work.' For You are with me. I feel it in me. Your orders are not to dwell, but to move forward already, and work, for You are with me. Forget the former things. Work, move forward. Lord, give me the strength for I am hurt. Let my heart cooperate and forgive already so that I don't have any of those dark thoughts about getting even. Lord, let me rise above it. Lord, give me strength to overlook the offense.

Tomorrow, Lord, I will pick myself up. But today, please, I need You as my Father to sympathize with me and tell me it will be alright. It will be better. I will fight for my joy. I will fight myself to be obedient to You. I know I mustn't wait until tomorrow, but do it at once. But I am hurt and I need You. Pick me up, Lord. Pour cool water over my heart that the pain will stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment