Thursday, January 22, 2015

Prayer

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. (James 1:2-8 NIV)

Dear Lord,

I pray for wisdom. I pray for ease from my burdens. And I pray for direction. Where must I go? What do You want me to do? Deep down, I want to be involved in the molding of the youth. But is this really from You, or am I just trying to grasp at something. What have You promised me, Lord? Nothing specific on the work side. Speak to me, Lord. I pray for direction. Tell me where You want me to go. Tell me what You want me to strive for. But I know I need to be obedient to You and rejoice and be glad and be thankful. I thank You, Lord, for women friends. Thank You for the many opportunities that has come up. I pray for direction and healing for M and A.

I come to You, Lord, for wisdom and direction. I know that You have plans for me. You told me to work for You are with me, therefore, I will work and do what needs to be done. I will find app and website projects. I will teach and give talks. I will do everything I can to make money, get out of debt, and get to a point where I am financially stable. I will curb my spending. And I will be conscentious of what I purchase. And I will limit my going out. And I will be obedient to You and be thankful and rejoice. And I know along the way, You will show me where You want me to go. Along the way, You will allow me to meet who You want me to meet. I will not hold any bitterness against A. I will proceed, Lord, knowing that You are with me, knowing that You will give me wisdom to know what to do, and a clear direction to know where to go. For now, I will proceed.

I pray for strength and resolve. This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment