Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Prayer

You have shown me what is good, O God. I will rejoice ever more. Teach me to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with You. In all circumstance, I will do things without complaining. I will submit for I revere You. And I will be strong, and not be afraid. I will believe, for You are with me always.

You have revealed and saved and proclaimed. I am a witness that You are God. May I not keep silent. May I tell my story.

Keep me, Lord, as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of Your wings. Cover me with Your feathers. Under Your wings I will find refuge. Your faithfulness will be my shield and rampart.

Teach me your way, Lord , that I may rely on Your faithfulness. Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment