Tuesday, January 8, 2013

God's Will

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV)


Sovereign Lord,

Thank You for what You have given me. You have taught me. You have put me in a position to decide. You've given me experiences. You have given me people to love. You have given me people who love me. You have given me a story. Lord, I want to write of what you've taught me. I just don't know if I can sustain it. I want to write love stories, Lord. But You have emptied my heart. It hasn't been filled yet. Lord, I don't want to go back to what I was before. Fill me, Lord, with Your Spirit. Tell me what to write. My heart is still in comics and novels and games and animation. But I've lost my stories. You have emptied me of my old desires, of my old stories. Tell me what to write. Tell me what stories to tell. I want to write romances. What are the love stories You want me to tell? Send me writers, Lord. And comics. Weren't we going to spread hope in a hopeless city through that? But I don't know what to do yet. Lord, I am here. Use me. I know I can't write about love if I don't know love. But You've been teaching me. Lord, inspire me. Give me a story to tell. Mine? Mine isn't done yet. My love story isn't novel-worthy yet, I think. What should I write about, Lord?

Lord, You have given me this area of influence. I can do apps, comics, and games. I can start things. Lord, I have card games of my own. My February Launch is an opportunity. Lord, I have a plan. But is it acceptable to You? Speak to me, Lord. Show me what You want me to do. Use me in my sphere of influence. Teach me how to reach who You want me to reach.

I offer You these hands and this battered, tattered, fumbling heart. I'm sure You can use them. I offer You this game. What do You want with it? Use it, Lord. And use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment