Monday, January 7, 2013

Remember

I will remember the deeds of the Lord ; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” (Psalm 77:11, 12 NIV)

Dear Lord,

You are the God I prayed to when I was afraid of the pain of the plaster when they were about to take off my dextrose. But You made my dextrose leak, got the plasters wet, and I felt no pain.

You are the God I prayed to when we had just moved to Manila, and I was worried that my parents weren't home yet. I would pray to You, and moments after, You would bring my parents home and quiet my fears.

You are the God who always protects me. I've had many close calls with choking and almost getting run over. But You are always there to protect me.

You are the God I pray to when I'm worried about payroll. And money would come.

You are the God I prayed to when a man broke my heart and I couldn't fight the pain. I held on to You and You got me through the storm. And now I am over him, and there is no hatred between us.

You are the God I am praying to now, when I don't know what to do, when my closest friend suddenly tells me he loves me, but I don't love him back that way. You are the sovereign God, Lord. Your will be done. But teach me Your ways, Lord. Let me understand Your will. Teach me how to go about this. Teach me how to be sensitive to Your promptings.

Lord, let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment