Monday, December 2, 2013

Stagnant Waters

Lord, I thank You for a wonderful family and for the opportunities You have given me. But, Lord, in Your Son's Name, may I ask You for something? Give us joy in our hearts. I see the same stagnation in Mom and Marie as well. Does it run in my family, Lord? While we're not really depressed, we are unhappy, Lord. And for no particular reason. Maybe because we're overwhelmed with the responsibilities, but at the same time, maybe we're bored with the routine. We have forgotten our bliss. We have forgotten awe and wonder. What must we do, Lord? Lord, hear my plea. Hear my cry, my request. I ask, Lord. So that our joy will be complete. Complete our joy, Lord. Spark anticipation and awe in our hearts again. Excite us once more, my God. You are the God of Wonder. You have done great things, but we do not see. I am blind, Lord. Open my eyes. I need to see Your handiwork. I need to see the awesome and impressive things you've done. I need to see the greatness in Your creation. I need to be overwhelmed with awe that my body could do nothing but acknowledge You and exclaim, "Oh, my God!" as I am dwarfed by its beauty and magnitude.

Stir these stagnant waters that are our hearts, Lord. Teach us to care, teach us to see. Awake the awe in us again. Humble us with Your wonder. And send me, Lord. Send me on a mission somewhere. Give me a purpose. Show me clearly, my God, that I have a point.

Give us joy in our hearts, dear God. This I ask in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment