Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Peace to Those on Whom His Favor Rests

“Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” (Luke 2:14 NIV)

Dear Lord,

Forgive me my darkness. But thank You for Your love. Thank You for everything You have blessed me with. I am ungrateful. But I don't want to be anymore. You have given me a father who loves me, who saves me and protects me. You have given me a mother who is strong and who doesn't give up. You have given me siblings who support me in all my endeavors. You have given me Komikasi, and people who are loyal to the company. You have given me friends. You have given me people who like me. And here I am, ungrateful. And I am sorry about that. I am blessed. Very very much blessed. And I thank You. More than those, Lord, You have called me to You. You have given me Your Son to die for my darkness so I can stand here in Your Presence, so that this ungrateful whiny imperfect girl can stand in Your Most Holy Presence. Forgive me, my God. I repent. I am ashamed of my ungratefulness, and how I continue to entertain the darkness. You have given me a new day. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Thank You for coffee with this man. Thank You for letting me help with this school. Thank You for the opportunity tonight. You have blessed me. I am favored. Lord, please help me to fight off the darkness. Help me to do what You've told me to do, and rejoice. Let Your peace truly reign in my heart. Because only Your peace will quiet the raging monster inside me. Teach me to enjoy what you've given me. 

And I pray, dear God, I pray for the right man to marry. Lord, please speak to me about this. Enlighten me. I really like someone but I'm not sure if he likes me, too. And how will I know Your will about this, Lord? Should I hold on and wait? Should I entertain the other people who are showing interest? I know I have to decide, but this is a field I don't know much about. I'm having coffee this morning with someone else. Please protect us. Let me not hurt this man, for even if my heart is set on someone else, this man is good and kind. I wish to befriend him for now and know more about him. Lord, please help me.

Lord, I lift my heart to You. I don't know what to do. I need Your help here. And what else, Lord, have I not surrendered to You. Please bring my attention to that, Lord. I wish to surrender to You. Tell me agin what You want me to do, my God. For I am Yours. You told me to rejoice, Lord. And that, I will do my best to do. I will try again today, Lord. I will love the mud for that shows me that You've blessed me. Help me change this heart, Lord, that it will no longer be ungrateful, but joyful in its peace in you.

This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment