Friday, January 3, 2014

Wait for The Lord

"The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. 

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. 

Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord. Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior. Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me. 

Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations. 

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

(Psalm 27:1-14 NIV)


Dear Lord,

Good morning. Thank You for the good start of the year. Thank You for the safe trip back. Lord, I pray, give me one word to focus on for the year. One word to concentrate on so I don't get overwhelmed. One word that You want me to really think about and work on. Last year, You've taught me about rejoicing in whatever circumstance You put me in. I wasn't able to do it very well. Even during the Christmas vacation, I was ungrateful and cruel. Lord, I don't want to be like that. I want to be with my family and smile and be nice and love them because I do love them. I'm just very impatient with them. I'm very impatient with my mom. I'm so very sorry. I want my mom to be happy. How, Lord? And how do I not be so impatient with her? I want to get away from Jade all the time because I feel likes he does nothing but put me down. But on the other hand, I think she's like that because she feels unloved. She feels that I don't want to be around her. Paano ba 'to, Lord? I don't know how to fix this because I've already reacted before I could stop myself. But this year, Lord, I resolve to not complain. I resolve to be kinder. And I resolve to rejoice, for that is Your will. Because You will teach me Your ways. And I will see Your goodness in the land of the living. And I will wait for You have told me so. And You've told me to be strong and take heart. I will do my best, Lord, to take heart. Have courage. Have courage to be happy.

Lord, I lift my heart to You. I still wish that I would find the right man to marry soon. Jade says I'm forcing myself to like Martin. And I know I am. I know at the back of my mind, I think I'm too old and I need to decide from the choices I'm given. And though I like Andro, Martin seems to be a more long-term choice. The only problem is I'm really not attracted to Martin. My heart doesn't beat for him. And Andro naman doesn't seem to be interested in me that way. But Martin is a good man and I think he can make a girl happy. I don't like me indecisive. People tend to get hurt. Lord, I lift this to You. I don't know what to do.

Lord, I pray for that one word, the theme for my year. Enlighten me, Lord. Is it courage? Is it rejoicing? Enlighten me and make it very clear what You want me to focus on. Enlighten me. This I pray, my God and and my Savior. This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment