Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Prisoner of Christ

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (Ephesians 4:1-3 NIV)

As one who has decided to follow Christ, I need to practice humility. I think the disappointments I feel are caused by my pride. I see myself highly, someone good at what she does, and beautiful. And I think that I deserve the best in life, and the best people. I am not humble at all, nor am I gentle. At the back of my mind, I don't want to work for Daddy because it isn't my show. How can you be known when you're just running an accounting firm? Also, I have to submit to a higher authority if I work for Dad. If I am humble, I should see this as a good opportunity to rest. I should put my Dad's and my family's finances over my need for freedom. I have to be gentle, not abrasive. I have to be patient, and forbearing. I am so impatient with my mother. But I don't want to be. I know my mom has certain reactions that irk me. But my reactions are not so good, either. Lord, please, help me be kind to my mom. I want a very good relationship with my mom.

Thank You, Lord, for the revelations. Please infuse me with Your wisdom and strength so that I may have the power to change my life.

This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment