Monday, January 20, 2014

The Third Suitor

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance." (2 Thessalonians 3:5 NIV)

I asked what You wanted me to do about my struggling company.
And You said, "Rejoice."

Now, I asked who You wanted me to choose among my suitors.
And You said, "Me."

Lord,

Thank You for continuing to renew my mind each day. I will hold on to Your promise that You will perfect that which concerns me. That You will finish what You've started in me.

The fear is on the edges of my consciousness, Lord. Especially as another payroll period draws near. But You, o Lord, are my Shield and my Strength. You are my Savior and my Provider. Please be with me and provide for this company. And help me to rejoice in Your blessings. Help me to not abhor the trials for they themselves are also blessings from You.

As for men, forgive me. There weren't two people vying for my heart. There are three. And I had put You aside, my God, who are good. Forgive me. How do I choose You, Lord? What do I do to strengthen my relationship with You? How do I get closer to You, Lord?

Bless this day. I lift this day to You. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, Lord. This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment