Monday, January 6, 2014

My One Word

Dear Lord,

I was praying for one word to focus on this year. At first, I thought it was "Strength." Pastor Patrick prophesied it in church that to someone, this is relevant this year. And I thought this was it. I read my Bible and saw the word strength many times. Even a while ago when I was reading Nehemiah, there was talk of strength. But also on the other hand, if I quiet myself and think about what touched my heart strings over the Christmas season and think about what caught my interest throughout last year, it's addressing loneliness. It's "Compassion." Last night, I was talking to Pat about Kiara and Joie, and how we need to reach out to them. I told Pat how it's not my style to just tell people I'm there for them, and how if other people talk about business in the guise of personal stuff, mine would probably be personal stuff in the guise of business. Because I don't know how to do this. This is new to me, reaching out to others.

I feel like "Strength" is the word if I listen to my head and circumstance. And when You repeat it in Your Word, it means something right? "Compassion" is what my heart says. But I don't read it in my devotionals these days. Or have I not been paying attention? Or am I choosing compassion becuase I am afraid of what You'll let me go through if it's strength? Lord, I am confused. I know I'm probably thinking about this too much but then I want to get it right. Lord, enlighten me and tell me what You want me to focus on.

Lord, I pray, we're back to work, and we're back to MRM being so difficult to collect from. Please help us. We rely on You from strength to strength, Lord. Save us once again. 

This year, I will meet people and be kind to them. And I will push Komikasi to the best of the abilities You have given me, my God. But the horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with You, Lord. I will do my best. May your will be done.

I pray for my family. I pray for protection, peace and joy for us. I pray for Joie and Kiara and all the other lonely and weeping hearts out there. Be their peace. Be their refuge. And send me, Lord. Tell me how to reach out to them. I pray for the people of Komikasi. May this year be productive and exciting for all of us. This we pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment