Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flourish

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. (Psalm 92:12, 13 NIV)

They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:8 NIV)

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2 NIV)

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live (Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV)

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. (Ephesians 5:3, 4 NIV)


Dear Lord,

I prayed about how I can get close to You. How do I choose You, Lord? And You assured me that Your chosen will flourish. You will be with them in times of trial. And they will get through the trial well. But I have to choose. Choose life. Choose to follow You and to do that, I have to have no hint of sexual immorality or any kind of impurity or greed. And my sisters and I were just thinking of writing those kinds of books. Lord, I have no other stories. What must I do? I need new stories so that my mind doesn't stray. Yes, Lord, I will praise and thank You always. That I will do. Help me not to fall back into that world anymore. Actually I tried going back there and I wasn't as attracted to it as I used to be. May I not fall back there. But help me with my thoughts. What are pure, good, admirable thoughts I can think of? Bring them to mind, my God.

It is difficult to follow you, Lord. But I want to follow You. Be with me. Take my hand and lead me. I am so excited to meet Pastor Joey tomorrow. I really admire he man. Thank You for the opportunity. Please make me a good leader. Please make me a great person and a very good testimony.

This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment