Sunday, January 26, 2014

More Wisdom

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. (James 3:17, 18 NIV)

Lord,

Is it selfish ambition that drives me to need to fly? Why do I need to escape? What am I escaping from? Lord, I really need to make those predecisions soon. I'm still so affected when my mother and brother shoot me down. I love them, but I don't know why they shoot me down. I don't think they just want me to feel bad. But Pat always sees the problems, and Mom so easily rejects anything she doesn't want with no regard to my feelings. Sometimes, her reasons are not even valid. She just prefers something else.

I should not let these affect me. These are their opinions and people are entitled to them. I shouldn't keep exploding.

Also, Lord, today is when I tell my boys. Give me the wisdom to say this properly, with the compassion and kindness to not make it too hard on them.

This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment