Monday, January 27, 2014

Impossible

I was listening to a podcast by Elevation Church. And this statement struck me: "Jesus has a tendency to tell the lame to walk and the dead to rise." And the joyless to rejoice, I thought. It was something that has been happening to me. I had been without joy in a long while. I wasn't particularly depressed, but I just didn't have joy in me. And I prayed long about it, asking God to fill me with joy. And then He answered me. He told me to rejoice. "Rejoice! Rejoice in every circumstance. Rejoice, and I say again, rejoice!"

The same principle applies to finances and tithing. "Lord, I have no money." "Give." If that's the case, then it also follows that He'll also tell the one whose heart is dead, to love.


Jesus has a tendency to tell the lame to walk and the dead to rise.
And the one who has none, to give.
And the joyless, to rejoice.
And the dead of heart, to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment