Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wholeness

The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear? (Proverbs 18:14 NIV)

Dear Lord,

I'm at it again, trying to go back to a life I had already left. On the one hand, I want to follow You, and follow what You said I should do. But the thought that I can make money doing something that is not pleasing to You is still pulling me. And that leads to me going back to my former life. You have healed me, but I keep trying to go back. Forgive me. Forgive me, Lord. My flesh is weak. I implore You, my God, show me something of higher value, that I may forever leave the life I have left behind. Forgive me, Lord. I know I am only destroying my own self. But what can I do? What should I do? Actually, I know what I need to do. But please, Lord, give me the self-control. And show me a life of higher value that I may see it and long for it.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment