Monday, February 10, 2014

Go Out and Frolic

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. (Malachi 4:2 NIV)

Dear Lord,

Thank You for giving me money today to pay my people and the rent. Dear Lord, please save me. I still need about half a million to pay them for Friday and for their separation pay. And there's still the bills, Lord. The bills haven't finished yet. Lord, please help me. I feel a little overwhelmed. And my heart feels a little broken. But Lord, You said we would go out there and frolic like well-fed calves. Lord, I put my trust and hope in You. In my head there is a whispering, telling me that You won't help me because this is my fault, and I have to live with the consequences of my actions. I know that I do, Lord, but You also said You will not leave me or desert me. That You will be with me every step of the way. Lord, where are You? I seek You. I thank You for giving me the check today. That will cover last January's payroll. But what of Friday, Lord? Lord, let Your presence be known. Show me that I'm not alone.

Forgive me for my lack of faith. I know I should trust You more, without needing to see or feel. But I am merely a human, Lord, with a broken heart and a darkness about me. I cannot get out oft his alone. I cannot heal my own heart, my God.

Be with me, Lord, I resolve to rejoice and be glad in this day You have made.
I pray this in the mighty name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment