Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be Holy

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15, 16 NIV) 
But God said to Jonah, "Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?" "It is," he said. "And I'm so angry I wish I were dead." But the Lord said, "You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. (Jonah 4:9, 10 NIV)
I confess to You, Almighty God, that I have sinned recently. That the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart have not been pleasing to You. That I acted entitled and spoke ill of people, thinking myself better than them. But You are a loving and compassionate God. You love Your creations and I have no right to judge. Forgive me. You are the One who makes things grow and makes things wither. I thank You, Lord. Despite everything, You still saved us. I come before You this morning. I come at Your feet and declare, You are my God. I am Yours. And I repent. Teach me to be compassionate. Teach me to hold my tongue and to see things the way You want me to see things. May the meditations of my heart be pleasing toYou. May I learn to be holy in my daily walk.

Lord, I lift up the new projects. I lift up the proposals I am about to make. Teach me how to word them. And be with us for our meetings today. This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment