Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Last Days

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— (2 Timothy 3:1-4 NIV)
Dear Lord, I see this today. In fact, I find myself like that sometimes. Forgive me. And teach me to be pleasing to You, dear God. Lord, the preaching spoke of holy burden yesterday. I find that mine would be the changing of mindset and the remembrance of value through literature. I find it really lamentable that values are degrading, chivalry is gone, the good is no longer fashionable. And I believe this can be fixed through literature the children take in. I know I can do this, but alone, I can't. I need You, Lord. Just finishing the novel is virtually impossible for me. I am too easily distracted. I am too easily bored. I question myself if I indeed want this enough. I mean, if I really believe this will change the world for the better, it should consume me, right? But it doesn't. My time is more consumed by running the company. And You gave this to me so I will run it properly. But Lord, You also placed in my heart a problem and a solution. If You want me to act on this now, Lord, give me the drive and give me the story.

Lord, I thank You for the projects. Be with us. Help us finish it quickly. I lift to You the week, Lord. Guide us, protect us and be with us. This I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment