Sunday, September 23, 2012

Clothe Yourselves With These

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12 NIV)
Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. These are the five things I'd like to learn for myself, as a sort of gift to myself. It's not very easy since I spent most of my younger years being more concerned with the project over the people. I was proud and arrogant. And I was very impatient. I'm not gentle at all. I'm very direct, and I'm more concerned about getting the message to the listener quickly rather than getting it to them in a way that is gentle. I'm very impatient and I dislike beating around the bush. I find it a waste of time.

But I am attracted to kindness. And I'd like to learn to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment