Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Equip Me

Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.  
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:1, 2, 20, 21 NIV)
Dear Lord, I pray, please equip me with every good thing to do Your will. Please work in me what is pleasing to You. Teach me to love. Teach me to be kind.

Lord, I may be too direct, and I don't notice it most of the time. It probably drives people away. Lord, how do I do this? It's not like I purposely do it to make people uncomfortable. I just go straight to the point. And like I said, I don't even notice it most of the time. I don't want to drive people away, Lord.

I had a dream last night. He came back. I shouldn't be dreaming of this anymore. I don't want the feeling of elation when he puts his arm around me because it's always followed by the sinking feeling that it's not going to last. That when the problems come, he will leave.

Lord, I don't want to think like this. I want to believe that there is good in man. That there is a man out there for me who is loyal, who would fight for me, whose hugs and kisses and words are true. Seeing that, experiencing that, having a man like that, would be one of the great and rare wonders of this world. And I pray for that, Lord. I pray fervently and deeply for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment