Thursday, November 17, 2011

Conversations

Heart: Did you see what Micah posted, about taking care of me? You never really take care of me, do you?
Raven: What are you talking about? I protected you for thirty years.
Heart: I'd like to question the wisdom of that.
Raven: Too late. It doesn't matter now. No matter how hard I protected you, you're broken now.
Heart: And after I broke, you just left me. Like you wanted nothing to do with me anymore.
Raven: ... I'm sorry. It was too painful. Nobody hurt you like that before.
Heart: Nobody loved me like that, either.
Raven: If I had known the price for that love was double that in heartache--
Heart: You would have protected me another thirty years?
Raven: ... I just... didn't know how to deal with it.
Heart: Until when are you going to keep ignoring me?
Raven: I thought I'd let you heal first. I thought I won't move you much until you're well.
Heart: I can function even if I'm broken, you know. Besides, you need me.
Raven: No, I don't.
Heart: Yes, you do.
Raven: You're too noisy. And whiny. Brain already talked to you. Tried reasoning with you. And Brain's arguments made sense, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment