Monday, November 28, 2011

Love Letter #5

Dearest God,

Here is my heart. I give it to You, to do with as you deem fit. Here is everything that I am. I offer to You. Lord, I want to live my life in love. I want to live my life in Your light. I don't want the darkness anymore. I don't want the cold anymore. I want to be in Your presence, in Your light, doing things that please You. Lord, I want to be a delight to You. I want You to be happy with me. I want to do things that please You. But I am but a human, and I falter and fall very quickly. But know my intentions, Lord. I really want to live the way You want me to live.

Teach me. Everyday, I need You. Everyday, I want to hear You. Everyday, I'm excited with what You might do, what You might show me. And I pray, Lord, to see Your glory. More, Lord! I delight in You! I delight in seeing Your works. I delight in this life You have given me. It's just that sometimes, dark spirits empower me, and suck the joy out of me. The enemy now has ammunition against me. But You, my God, are a powerful God. More powerful than any spirit. More powerful than any demon. More powerful than my fears and hurts and pain. You are a God of adventure and wonder! I believe You when You say that Your plans for me are for good and not for evil, for You are my Heavenly Father. You love me! And You sent Jesus, Your one and only son, to die for my sins. MY sins. Not for an unknown mass of people. MINE. For You know me by name. You know who I truly am. You knew me even when I was within my mother's womb. You know ME. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are beautiful, I know that full well. And that knowledge warms me.

So, let me be Yours, my God. Teach me to live a life that is worthy of being called a follower of Your Son. Teach me to live in love, in gratitude, in peace.


I am truly Yours,

Your raven

No comments:

Post a Comment