Monday, November 14, 2011

Spirit of Darkness

My King, forgive me. The spirit of darkness came over me. Yesterday I disrespected my steward. And he felt really bad. Last night, I couldn't sleep well, thinking of the man who had broken me. And today, I hurt my steward again. My arguments were valid, but the way I said them were not. I used the countess' whip-like tongue and gave my steward a beating. The good thing is, my steward is an honest man, and told me that I had hurt him, that I had disrespected him. I am sorry, my King. This is not how You wanted me to treat the people You have entrusted to me. I have sinned, my King, against You and against my people. Lord, I am sorry. I thought I had defeated the monster of fire. But here I am being devoured by it again. In my story, I am the villain, the repentant traitor. Forgive me, my King. And teach me to love like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment