Monday, November 14, 2011

Fire Seal

I seal you, monster of fire.
Close your mouth and shut your eyes.
I want not whips as my tongue,
Nor flaming knives in my gaze.

Though you seek to devour,
And you seek to consume,
I defy you.
I refuse you.
Be still.

You are a tempting creature,
Who fills me with the feel of power.
As you pour your anger into me,
I feel strengthened in your hate.

But I have decided, monster of fire.
I have chosen to follow the King.
And though I find myself in your jaws at times,
I have made a choice to seal you.

When you possess me, my people suffer.
When I yield to you, my King weeps.
You bring nothing but destruction.
You instill nothing but fear.

So begone, monster of fire.
Close your mouth and shut your eyes.
I want not the dark power you offer,
Nor the bitter strength in your heart.

For my choice is to love.
And my purpose is for peace.
So let the rains fall.
Let the rains fall.
Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment