Sunday, November 20, 2011

Not-So-Far-Off Dreams

There are things I'd like to be able to do someday.

One is to do my Academie for women empowerment. It teaches the concept of beauty. Not the skimpy collagen-infused media-defined idea of beauty. But true beauty, rooted in a gentle and quiet spirit. In my opinion, though, beauty does not also mean just beautiful on the inside, but drab on the outside. My Mother always told me that if you're beautiful, you've already won half the battle. I've proven that to be true in a lot of cases. You tend to be made more comfortable when you're all dolled up. But aside from that, if you look at the things around us, you'll see that God is a God who likes beauty. Look at the flowers. Look at the sea against the sky. Look at the seasons. They are beautiful. I don't think a God who would make those would design the fairer sex to be drab. So the Academie's aim is really to help women be the beautiful person that is in them, be confident, and really grow beautifully where she is planted.

Second school I'd like to make is the School of Manliness (tentative name). Now, this is for younger learners. If the Academie is aimed at young professional women, the School is aimed at young boys 9-12 years of age. The purpose for the school is to try to teach these boys to be men. I have a lot of guy friends. And it pains me that they think a "fun and fulfilling" life involves drugs, playing with hearts, and sleeping around. Some of them experienced this when they were teenagers. And the others who hadn't think they were deprived! Not a lot of people would agree with me on this, but I think adolescence is an excuse for teenagers to be angsty and obnoxious, and to prolong their childhood. At thirteen, they should be men. Not the media's definition of men. Not players, not heart-breakers. It's not all about the money and the abs and the sex and the amount of women you can collect. But the Bible's definition of men: persistent, with integrity, respectful, and unselfish.

A third project I'd like to do is Pinoy Aksyon Komiks. I'm not sure if that name has been taken already. But it's still in line with what I want to do through the School of Manliness. Also, it's part of my solution to poverty. Poverty, to me, is not the lack of resources, but rather, a mindset. And to try to reduce poverty in the country would be to try to change the mindset of the people, particularly the men. And the best way to influence them is through literature. Television is definitely their media of choice. But next to that would be comics. And so, I'd like to create a line of weekly comics that will be distributed like the old komiks were. They will be cheap, easily accessible, and appealing to them. The aim of the comics would be to entice the boys to dream of something bigger, and to instill in them what a "tunay na lalake" ought to be.

Fourth one is love stories on the phone. MMS Inspirational Romance Stories. This will be aimed at women, and will exploit the MMS capability of the older phones. Aim is C-D bracket. And this will aim to present to women the type of guys they should be aspiring to find, and how they should turn to God, and not just go with whoever shows interest in them. This aims to teach them to value themselves and aim for something higher than their circumstance.

Another thing I'd like to do is produce a TV series. The aim of this is to create a Sci-Fi or Fantasy series for and by the the Filipino geeks! This is aimed towards the more intellectual group. All the actors and actresses in this project are Christ-followers, people who are strong in their faith, and have integrity. A secondary objective for this is to get the general public to admire people with integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment