Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Desert into Pools

I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set junipers in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together, so that people may see and know,
may consider and understand,
that the hand of the Lord has done this,
that the Holy One of Israel has created it. (Isaiah 41:18-20 NIV)
Dear Lord,

Thank You for bringing back my parents safely home. Thank You for my beloved family.

Lord, my brother and I were talking a while ago. A little forced, though. But then I really wanted someone to sit with me and help me plot down what You've been telling me. And well, I don't have a lot of Christian friends. And the ones I'm close to are guys. So I pleaded with my brother to just sit down a while. He gave me only a few minutes. He says he has a policy against counseling family members. I wasn't asking him to counsel me. I just wanted him to help me plot things down. Please help me find Christian friends I can do this with, so I don't need to pester my brother.

Anyway, for the company, it's been consistent and straightforward. Stay, run the business, it will prosper. Be sure to know the condition of your flocks for they will provide for you. Set the example for your people. You will work, and you will benefit. Even kings will put you in high regard. Because whoever hopes in the Lord will not be disappointed.

For other aspects of my life, it started out with being still. Last year, You told me to wait for You. That was pretty much the recurring idea the whole of last year. At the earlier part of this year, You told me to delight myself in You. To commit my way to You. To trust You, for You will bring it to pass. You told me not to remember the former things because You will do a new thing. Wait.

Then, You said to open my eyes. I looked at my journals, and You already told me this in June. That I already have what it takes. I already have what I need. Then last week, the message became louder. But then last week, You revealed something to me. And You broke the chains that bound me. you freed me, Lord. And taught me new things. You made me see some things in my past differently. It was a wonderful feeling, Lord. And it may look sudden, and people around me may not believe it, but last week, You broke barriers in me. You freed me from my fears.

Was that what You needed me to open my eyes to? Or are there others? If, as I am daring to hope, You are answering the question I have been asking, am I ready, Lord? Last week, I felt I was. But am I slipping again? I hope not. I certainly hope not. Protect me, Lord. And protect Yours. And keep me from breaking anything. If there is to be any breaking, You do it. Not me. We have established that only You can break something and transform it into something wonderful. Am I ready, Lord? Or do You need me to learn something more before we proceed? Let me know, Lord. I place my heart in Your hands. I hold on to Your promise, Lord, that what You give me will glorify You.

I guess there are doors I have to close. Ah, Lord, will You break my heart again? But I will do it, Lord. For Your glory. Say the word and I will obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment