Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sacrifices

You have not brought me sheep for burnt offerings,
nor honored me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with grain offerings
nor wearied you with demands for incense. (Isaiah 43:23 NIV)
Forgive me, Lord. It seems all I do is ask for forgiveness these days. But more and more I see my selfishness. More and more I see how I have taken matters into my own hands. Lord, I offer You this sacrifice I am about to make. I will honor You with this. It was fine before. But now I know that my motives are no longer pure. My brother asked me last night if I was ready for what You're about to do. I am not. There is still this one. And so Lord, I offer this sacrifice to You. You know how precious this is to me, but You, Lord, are my God. And I will offer this to You. Here, Lord, I lay this at Your feet.

Review the past for me,
let us argue the matter together;
state the case for your innocence. (Isaiah 43:26 NIV)
In this case, Lord, I haven't been innocent. But I will bring to You my case, Lord. And yes, Lord, let us discuss the matter.

I ask for Your blessing, Your love and Your protection. Guide me as I go to work now, and may these hands bring glory to You, Lord. This I pray in Jesus' Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment