Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Prayer for my People


As my car turned to drive away from the office today, I saw one of our boys skipping to catch up with the others to catch a jeep home. It made me smile. My people were happy. 


I have ten people. Two were greatly affected by the recent storm. Several got stranded and got home at midnight. But all of them are safe. And despite the flooding, they still have that skip in their step, that playfulness in their banter, that easy laugh about them. 

The worst of the storm seems over now. I thank You for keeping them safe during this recent storm. And Lord, continue to protect them, especially in this rainy season. Some of them live far away. Some of them live in flood-prone areas. Some of them live in cities near bays. Some of them live in towns that are already in a state of calamity. I care for them, Lord, but there is only so much I can do. You have given them to me. And this is probably one of the biggest blessings You've given me. Protect them, Lord. They are precious to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment