Friday, August 31, 2012

Heart Check

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord. (Lamentations 3:22-26 NIV)

To do what is right and just
is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. (Proverbs 21:3 NIV)
Lord, does the meditations of my heart please You? If it doesn't, and I do not realize it, bring it to my attention, Lord. I want the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart to be acceptable to You, Lord. I want to live life Your way, Lord. I tell myself that I do not serve two masters. That money is not what I serve. But I am irritable when I have no money, no projects. Fix my heart, Lord. Help me to find rest in You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment