Sunday, August 26, 2012

Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
"I have a message for you from the King. He says, 'I gave you peace. Now, do not be troubled. And do not be afraid.' And might I add, I think He's also implying that you're being too melodramatic and you should just enjoy what He gave you."

"My, you are blunt, aren't you."

"Thank you. I know you like it that way. He did give you peace, didn't He?"

"Yes, He did. He took away the squeezing in my heart some time ago."

"I think your treacherous heart is just trying to get attention. It wants you to treat this as an ultimate goal. But if you think about it, if you do, after you get this, you'll be lost in the middle of the journey."

"Blame it on Disney. Real life ultimate goals should be so big, so epic, you won't have enough time to be lost."

"Hey, for the record, I know how you feel. You're just being a woman. And I don't think it's a bad thing despite what you think."

"It's just a bit hard to change my perception, when for the longest time, I believed my role was to be a ruler: cold, distant and correct."

"And unreachable."

"Is it too much to ask for someone who would fight for me?"

"'Fight you,' is more like it."

"That wasn't my intention. I just wanted someone strong. In heart and in principle."

"Well, you haven't met everyone yet. Other types exist, you know. They're uncommon. But they're there."

"And where will I find these types?"

"The King said not to worry."

"Oh very well. I shall stop thinking about this, and go make an impact on the world."

"You know where the goat pens are."

No comments:

Post a Comment